- Pray more often. For every prostration that you perform Allah will raise your position by one degree. Hadith Muslim
- You are nothing but a collection of days, once those days have passed so will you.
Hasan al Basri
- Wasting time is worse than death because death separates you from this world whereas time separates you from Allah. Ibn al Qayyim
- Two armies that can never be defeated are the sincere heart and the righteous dua. Ibn Taymiyyah
- If the pains of this world tire you, do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of dua.
Ibn al Qayyim
- The breath of the mouth of the one who fasts us better in Allah’s estimation than the smell of perfume. Hadith Ibn Majah
- All of a human beings words count against him and not for him, except commanding the right and forbidding the wrong, and with the mention of Allah. Hadith Tirmidhi
- Every Deen has an innate character. The character of Islam is modesty. Hadith Abu Dawood
- Take advantage of five before five: your youth, before old age, your health, before sickness; your wealth, before poverty; your free time before becoming busy; and your life, before your death.
- And if you could count the graces of Allah, never could you be able to count them. Quran [14:34]
- Allah does not burden a soul more than it can bear. Quran [2:286]
- Allah will not give mercy to anyone except those who give mercy to others.
- When you see a person who has been given more than you in money and beauty, look to those, who have been given less. Hadith Muslim
- A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to his will in adversity. Hadith Muslim
- No man is a true believer unless he desires for his brother what he desires for himself. Hadith Bukhari
- Live in this world as if you will live here forever; prepare for the hereafter as if you will die tomorrow. Hadith Bukhari
- Say, Indeed, my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah, Lord if the Universe. Quran [6:162]
- So which of the favours of your Lord would you deny. Quran [55:13]
- Remember Me (Allah) , and I will remember you. Quran [2:152]
- The best richness is the richness of the soul. Hadith Bukhari
- There is a polish for everything that takes away rust; and the polish for the heart is the remembrance of Allah.
- There are two blessings which many people lose: health and free time for doing good. Hadith Bukhari
- Successful indeed are the believers. Those who humble themselves in their prayers… Quran [23:1-2]
- Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is within themselves. Quran [13:11]
- So verily, with hardship, there is ease.
- Every soul shall taste death. Quran [3:185]
- Beware of hoping for forgiveness without working for it. Hasan al Basri
- And who is better in speech than one who invites to Allah and does righteousness and says, “Indeed, I am of the Muslims.” Quran [41:33]
- …fasting is like a shield, and he who fasts has two joys: a joy when he breaks his fast and a joy when he meets his Lord. Hadith Qudsi
- Whoever does not give up forged speech and evil actions, Allah is not in need of his leaving his food and drink. Hadith Bukhari
ـ رسولُ اللهِِ (صَلَّيَ اللهُ عَلَيهِ وَ آلِهِ): علَيكَ بطُولِ الصَّمتِ فإنّهُ مَطرَدَةٌ لِلشَّيطانِ، وعَونٌ لكَ على أمرِ دِينِكَ.
The Prophet (SAWA) said, ‘You must maintain silence for long periods of time for verily it drives Satan away and helps you in matters of your faith.’
ـ رسولُ اللهِِ (صَلَّيَ اللهُ عَلَيهِ وَ آلِهِ) ـ لأبي ذَرٍّ وهو يَعِظُهُ ـ: أربَعٌ لا يُصِيبُهُنَّ إلّا مؤمنٌ: الصَّمتُ وهُو أوَّلُ العِبادَةِ….
The Prophet (SAWA) said to Abu Dharr, exhorting him, ‘There are four things that none can accomplish apart from the believer: silence, and this is the first stage of worship…’
ـ الإمامُ عليٌّ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ) ـ في صِفةِ المؤمِنِ ـ: كثيرٌ صَمتُهُ، مَشغولٌ وَقتُـهُ.
Imam Ali (AS) said, describing the believer, ‘Great is his silence and occupied is his time.’
ـ الإمامُ عليٌّ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): الصَّمتُ رَوضَةُ الفِكرِ.
Imam Ali (AS) said, ‘Silence is the garden of thought.’
ـ الإمامُ عليٌّ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): لا خَيرَ في الصَّمتِ عَنِ الحُكمِ، كما أنّهُ لا خَيرَ في القَولِ بِالجَهلِ.
Imam Ali (AS) said, ‘There is no good in keeping silent about a matter of wisdom, just as there is no good in speaking about something one is ignorant of.’
A nomad said to the Messenger of Allah ﷺ ‘
Advise me.’ And he ﷺ said, ‘If a man defamed you with what he knows about you, do not defame
Continue reading “No Insults”
Every good deed which is not done with the intention of seeking nearness to Allah, Continue reading “Good deeds”
If any one of you wishes that he should never ask Allah, the Glorified, for anything but that He grants it to him, then he should lose hope in people and should not have hope in anyone other than Allah, the Glorified.
On the authority of Abu Mas’ud al-Ansari (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (may the blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “A man from among those who were before you was called to account. Nothing in the way of good was found for him except that he used to have dealings with people and, being well-to-do, he would order his servants to let off the man in straitened circumstances [from repaying his debt].” He (the Prophet – peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said that Allah said: “We are worthier than you of that (of being so generous). Let him off.” [Muslim (also by al-Bukhari and an-Nasa’i).]
عَنْ أَبِي مَسْعُودٍ الْأَنْصَارِيِّ، رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ: قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ: حُوسِبَ رَجُلٌ مِمَّنْ كَانَ قَبْلَكُمْ، فَلَمْ يُوجَدْ لَهُ مِنْ الْخَيْرِ شَيْءٌ، إِلَّا أَنَّهُ كَانَ يُخَالِطُ النَّاسَ، وَكَانَ مُوسِرًا، فَكَانَ يَأْمُرُ غِلْمَانَهُ أَنْ يَتَجَاوَزُوا عَنْ الْمُعْسِرِ، قَالَ قَالَ اللَّهُ : نَحْنُ أَحَقُّ بِذَلِكَ مِنْكَ، تَجَاوَزُوا عَنْهُ رواه مسلم (وكذلك البخاري والنسائي)
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), who said: “Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says: ‘Fasting is Mine and it is I Who give reward for it. [A man] gives up his sexual passion, his food and his drink for My sake.’ Fasting is like a shield, and he who fasts has two joys: a joy when he breaks his fast and a joy when he meets his Lord. The change in the breath of the mouth of him who fasts is better in Allah’s estimation than the smell of musk.” [Bukhari (also by Muslim, Malik, at-Tirmidhi, an-Nasa’i and Ibn Majah).]
عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ، عَنْ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ: يَقُولُ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ: الصَّوْمُ لِي، وَأَنَا أَجْزِي بِهِ، يَدَعُ شَهْوَتَهُ وَأَكْلَهُ وَشُرْبَهُ مِنْ أَجْلِي، وَالصَّوْمُ جُنَّةٌ، وَلِلصَّائِمِ فَرْحَتَانِ: فَرْحَةٌ حِينَ يُفْطِرُ، وَفَرْحَةٌ حِينَ يَلْقَى رَبَّهُ، وَلَخُلُوفُ فَمِ الصَّائِمِ أَطْيَبُ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ مِنْ رِيحِ الْمِسْكِ. رواه البخاري (وكذلك مسلم ومالك والترمذي النسائي وابن ماجه)
Do not devour the wealth and property of others unjustly, nor bribe the officials or the judges to deprive others of their possessions
It was narrated by Ibn ‘Abbas : The Prophet used to invoke Allah at night, saying, “O Allah: All the Praises are for You: You are the Lord of the Heavens and the Earth. All the Praises are for You; You are the Maintainer of the Heaven and the Earth and whatever is in them. All the Praises are for You; You are the Light of the Heavens and the Earth. Your Word is the Truth, and Your Promise is the Truth, and the Meeting with You is the Truth, and Paradise is the Truth, and the (Hell) Fire is the Truth, and the Hour is the Truth. O Allah! I surrender myself to You, and I believe in You and I depend upon You, and I repent to You and with You (Your evidences) I stand against my opponents, and to you I leave the judgment (for those who refuse my message). O Allah! Forgive me my sins that I did in the past or will do in the future, and also the sins I did in secret or in public. You are my only God (Whom I worship) and there is no other God for me (i.e. I worship none but You).”